INFUSED PEANUT BUTTER SANDWICH COOKIES
This is my knock off version of Girl Scout Do-se-does, with a little something extra.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups peanut butter, smooth or chunky (I like chunky in the cookies)
- 1/2 cup infused butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups quick rolled oats
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (I like smooth here, but you could use chunky, I guess.)
- 1/4 cup infused butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Line cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the sugars, peanut butter, infused butter, salt, baking soda, and vanilla, beating until smooth. Add the egg, beating until very light and fluffy. Gently stir in the oats and flour.
- Drop the dough by level tablespoons onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 1/2″ between the drops. Using the flat bottom of a drinking glass dipped in sugar, flatten each cookie to about 1/4″ thickness, about 1 1/2″ diameter.
- Bake the cookies for about 12 to 14 minutes, until they’re a medium golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and transfer them to a rack to cool, then store in an airtight container.
Make the filling:
Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of your mixer. Start on low and combine all ingredients, stopping to scrape the bowl several times.
Then whip on high until light and fluffy, adding more whipping cream until you like the consistency, or more honey if you want it sweeter. Add more infused butter for a stronger cookie.
Spread the filling on half the cookies, on the side that was on the cookie sheet. Top with the remaining cookies.
Yield: 24 filled cookies
I started with my favorite Girl Scout cookie knock off recipe from King Arthur Flour.